almond-stuffed marinated olives

by Amy on 14 October 2010

i have a wonderful traveling memory that takes place in the south of spain, probably around 2001. my parents + i are sitting at a gorgeous outdoor cafe’, having a midafternoon snack, surrounded by beautiful buildings, interesting people, delicious food. we’re not paying attention to any of that, however, as my father + i are in the midst of a competition, counting olive pits to see who has eaten more. if i remember correctly, we were both in the double digits just a few minutes in, although he eventually won.

two things that this story shows: 1) i love olives + 2) i attribute my wonderfully insane appetite for them to my dad. it’s no surprise that some of my favorite recipes involve olives – manzanilla, nicoise, kalamata, greek – i can go on + on. today’s recipe, thus, is for almond stuffed marinated olives, a great appetizer to have out at a cocktail party or before a sit-down dinner party. try ’em, but be warned, they are addictive.

almond-and-garlic stuffed olives

makes about 2 dozen olives, adapted from gourmet

ingredients

10 oz. bottle of large green olives, either pitted or pimientos removed – drained + rinsed
¼ cup blanched slivered almonds
2 garlic cloves, minced
1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
1 cup extra virgin olive oil

directions

toast almonds in a dry pan over medium heat until they reach a golden color. allow the almonds to cool.

stuff each olive with the cooled almonds + put into wide shallow bowl. when all of the olives are stuffed, add the olive oil, minced garlic, red pepper, + any remaining almonds, then fold to combine.

marinate olives, covered + chilled, at least 3 days + up to one week. allow olives to stand at room temperature for 15 minutes before serving.

1 bruce barone October 14, 2010 at 9:01 am

Please put a few in a Martini for me my dear.

2 Landon Ebbett March 27, 2012 at 12:11 pm

Hey just wanted to give you a quick heads up and let you know a few of the images aren’t loading properly. I’m not sure why but I think its a linking issue. I’ve tried it in two different web browsers and both show the same outcome.

3 PLANETSMAESTRO.COM August 8, 2015 at 2:13 am

This is some helpful stuff. It took me some time to locate this web site but it was worth the time. I noticed this page was hidden in yahoo and not the first spot. This blog has a lot of pleasant material and it doesnt deserve to be burried in the searches like that. By the way Im going to add this web publication to my favorites.

4 Jermaine Vandeberg October 12, 2020 at 7:32 pm

I’m impressed, I must say. Rarely do I come across a blog that’s both educative and entertaining, and let me tell you, you’ve hit the nail on the head. The problem is something not enough men and women are speaking intelligently about. I’m very happy that I came across this during my search for something concerning this.

5 www.king189 December 11, 2020 at 4:27 am

We would also like to state that most individuals who find themselves without the need of health insurance can be students, self-employed and people who are unemployed. More than half with the uninsured are really under the age of 35. They do not experience they are needing health insurance since they are young and also healthy. Their own income is typically spent on property, food, as well as entertainment. Most people that do work either entire or part-time are not presented insurance by their work so they go without as a result of rising price of health insurance in the United States. Thanks for the concepts you talk about through this blog.

6 Know More February 13, 2021 at 8:45 am

When I initially commented I clicked the -Notify me when new feedback are added- checkbox and now each time a comment is added I get four emails with the same comment. Is there any approach you’ll be able to take away me from that service? Thanks!

7 the farm: How farmers use ‘digital agriculture’ to grow more crops,Climate Corporation aims to take the guesswork out of farming. The company offers a slate of “digital agriculture” tools that provide a real-time look at what’s happening on the April 5, 2021 at 2:34 pm

Hey there, You have done a fantastic job. I will definitely digg it and personally recommend to my friends. I’m confident they will be benefited from this website.