spicy cajun chex mix

by Amy on 1 December 2010

you may have learned by now that the way to win my heart is with a big dash of spicyness. for me, the spicier, the better … really. i don’t know how i developed this insane spicy tooth, but i am constantly adding cayenne pepper, crushed red pepper + sririacha sauce to everything + anything.

we had over 14 hours of driving to do during our thanksgiving travels + i find that long drives are made infinitely better with delicious snacks, kickin’ music, + of course, good company. with two of the three already take care of, i decided to make some car snacks for us + started with chex mix with an amy twist – that is, with some interesting dimension in flavor, + a bit of heat.

a important note: 1 teaspoon of hot sauce + a 1/4 teaspoon of cayenne will make this what i’d call medium-to-medium/low hot, but what you might find to be a bit too hot. i recommend tasting your seasoning mix with less hot sauce/cayenne to start, then increasing the amounts until you reach your preferred heat level. if you like spicy things, though, these amounts (or more) will probably be perfect for you. enjoy!

spicy cajun chex mix

2 cups corn chex
2 cups mini garlic bagel chips
2 cups cashews
2 cups mini pretzels
2 cups cheez-its

directions

preheat over to 250 degrees.

whisk the first seven ingredients together in a small bowl. combine the rest of the ingredients in a large bowl until blended. mix the seasoning mixture in with the dry ingredients + toss until well combined.

spread the chex mix out on two baking sheets. bake for an hour, stirring every 15 minutes. remove from oven + allow to cool completely on aluminum foil. stir in an airtight container.

1 Fun As We Go December 1, 2010 at 4:45 pm

I LOVE chex mix and what better way to enjoy it than homemade! Yum…I can’t wait to try this :)

2 amy December 1, 2010 at 6:34 pm

it’s really tasty! depending on how much you want, you may want to halve the recipe. we had sooo much chex mix floating around here!

3 Alexandra December 13, 2014 at 3:31 pm

Just wanted to say that this is a highly loved recipe in our house. We made some for a trip to Charleston last year and shared the extra (because yes, it makes a TON of Chex Mix!) with our dog sitter.

Fast forward 1.5 years and she’s requested I bring it to her holiday party this year because it was such a hit with her and her brother – her brother specifically asked for it!

So, WINNER!

4 amy December 13, 2014 at 3:52 pm

Oh, that makes me SO happy to hear! Thank you for sharing, and I hope it continues to make lots of bellies happy for years to come. =)

5 Geraldo Penta September 11, 2020 at 12:52 am

Did you know these facts on CBD OIL and Full Spectrum CBD Hemp Oil? Cannabinoids are isolated from hemp using supercritical CO2 extraction. Thanks to modern innovation, the resulting solution is tidy, devoid of heavy metals and unneeded waxes, naturally present in the plant, and the drawn liquid has a common, oily consistency. CBD oil contains cannabidiol as a base component and might consist of just trace amounts of tetrahydroxycannabidiol (THC). It is suggested by medical professionals and pharmacists as an antioxidant and substance that blocks the action of proinflammatory cytokines (proteins), e.g. in Crohn’s illness or ulcerative intestinal tract. RSO oil has a low CBD material, while high THC. The synergistic (enhancing) action of CBD and THC relative to each other is utilized here. Both cannabinoids can do much more together than when utilized separately. Both marijuana oil type CBD and RSO also include other cannabinoids, such as cannabichromene (CBC) and cannabigerol (CBG). The secret is not, nevertheless, that CBD often has actually a composition broadened to include flavones, flavonoids, terpenes, terpenoids, amino acids and omega acids. The difference is mostly due to intentions directing humanity to utilize one or the other item. CBD medical marijuana oil is a rather beneficial blend of cannabinoids, designed to protect against 21st century illness. It’s finest to utilize all of these substances together, as nature created them and confined in cannabis inflorescences. Oil of marijuana in a type of pastime APR includes percentages of CBD, balanced by the existence of THC. Producers concentrate on the synergistic result of one compound relative to the other, while abandoning the presence of CBC and CBG. Why such a decision? – Modern clinical research shows that CBD + THC cope with major autoimmune diseases, while CBC or CBG reveal minimal activity in the existence of both compounds, simply like flavones, flavonoids or terpenes, for that reason their content in the solution appears to be unnecessary. In addition, the marijuana stress from which THC and CBD are obtained consist of minimal amounts of other cannabinoids. RSO oil is totally illegal in Poland, which is why it can not be gotten in any lawfully operating store on the market. Of course, there are a variety of amateur techniques for acquiring it, however it’s great to know that substances obtained artificially in house laboratories are uncertain, untried, and the result unknown. The solvent for the production of household RSO is generally gas, alcohol and even kerosene, which rather of treating, poison. Alcohols and their like hinder cannabinoids, and so in truth, they do not bring anything brand-new to the medical world. Cannabis oil has currently marked a brand-new age in which male ceased to fear what is unidentified, and began to discover what our forefathers had actually already seen and use the substantial potential, initially glance, a little strange relationships, associated primarily with pathology. Medical cannabis, contrary to its name, does not suggest fermented female inflorescences and leaves consisting of psychedelic compounds coiled in so-called “Joints”, but a helpful oil without psychoactive THC. A basic person, after taking dosages of medical marijuana and accomplishing the proper state of cannabinoids in the blood, can take pleasure in increased resistance, decreased susceptibility to cancer, postponed aging and minimized danger of stroke or heart attack. CBD oil consists of cannabidiol as a base component and might consist of only trace amounts of tetrahydroxycannabidiol (THC). RSO oil has a low CBD content, while high THC. Both cannabis oil type CBD and RSO likewise include other cannabinoids, such as cannabichromene (CBC) and cannabigerol (CBG). CBD medical marijuana oil is a rather helpful mix of cannabinoids, developed to protect against 21st century disease. Oil of marijuana in a kind of hobby APR includes little amounts of CBD, balanced by the presence of THC.

6 Ed Kraasch December 13, 2020 at 1:06 pm
7 hana training hana training online hana training videos hana training in bangalore hana training in hyderabad hana training in pune hana training in mumbai hana training in chennai hana training academy pune maharashtra hana training material hana trainin January 3, 2021 at 6:33 am

Hello there! Quick question that’s completely off topic.

Do you know how to make your site mobile friendly? My site looks weird when viewing from my apple
iphone. I’m trying to find a template or plugin that might
be able to resolve this problem. If you have any recommendations, please
share. Cheers!

8 che duong nhan January 4, 2021 at 1:03 am

It’s in fact very complex in this busy life to listen news on Television, thus
I simply use internet for that reason, and get the most recent news.

9 maid of honor January 6, 2021 at 6:24 pm

WOW just what I was searching for. Came here by searching for duct cleaning significantly

10 aparmtents memphis tn January 11, 2021 at 7:12 pm

I am truly glad to glance at this website posts which consists
of tons of helpful facts, thanks for providing these data.

11 news January 11, 2021 at 8:26 pm

I think this is among the so much vital info for me.
And i am glad studying your article. But should commentary on some
normal things, The web site style is ideal, the articles is actually
excellent : D. Good process, cheers

12 decor January 23, 2021 at 6:58 am

First of all I would like to say superb blog! I had a quick question that
I’d like to ask if you don’t mind. I was curious to know how you center yourself and clear your head before writing.

I have had trouble clearing my mind in getting my ideas out there.
I truly do take pleasure in writing however it just seems like the first 10
to 15 minutes are lost just trying to figure out
how to begin. Any ideas or tips? Many thanks!

13 lasertest March 1, 2021 at 8:29 am

Do you have any video of that? I’d want to find out more details.

14 eating disorder treatment help eating disorder treatment eating disorders treatment eating disorder treatment near me eating disorders causes how do you help someone who refuses to eat? which eating disorder has the best prognosis? how do i talk to my eat March 2, 2021 at 10:21 am

This web site definitely has all the info I needed concerning this subject and didn’t know who to ask.

15 Occupational Therapy in Ahmedabad March 9, 2021 at 6:37 pm

Hi, I would like to subscribe for this website to obtain hottest updates, thus where
can i do it please help.

16 yeezys yeezy 350 yeezy v2 goyard belt yezzys aliexpress paypal google fanyi lucus 126.com gianni mora www.dhgate.com ytaopal finish line yeezy vans x supreme yeezy ultra boost yupoo aaacolombia yeezy v3 supermall jessie yeezy gogoyeezy miho kaneko urbante March 31, 2021 at 4:10 pm

Fantastic items from you, man. I have understand your stuff prior to and you are just extremely excellent.
I actually like what you’ve received here, really like
what you’re stating and the best way in which you say it.

You’re making it entertaining and you continue to take care of
to keep it wise. I can’t wait to learn much more from you.
This is actually a great website.

17 Cannabis Help With OCD?," Can Cannabis Help With OCD? Cannabis Training University     •     November 17, 2020, 6:35 pm   Can cannab...",,https://www.hempcbdhtc.com/2020/11/can-cannabis-help-with-ocd.html,https://www.hempcbdhtc.com/2020/11/can-ca April 5, 2021 at 12:01 pm

aspirin has been time tested to relieve minor pains and inflammation and it is cheap too::

18 - Top Seller Website,"VEGAS HEMP CO. “Bottle Service” Advanced Hemp Oil Supplement – SINFULLY DELICIOUS, FEEL BETTER ORGANICALLY! 1 fl oz – 250 mg – Natural Cinnamon Flavor This daily use, Advanced Formula 250 mg hemp oil supplement, features n April 5, 2021 at 12:32 pm

After study a few of the blog articles for your website now, and that i really like your method of blogging. I bookmarked it to my bookmark site list and are checking back soon. Pls consider my internet site too and inform me what you consider.

19 Software Free April 16, 2021 at 2:26 am

It’s an awesome piece of writing in support
of all the web people; they will obtain benefit from it I am sure.

{ 2 trackbacks }